Southern Otways Landcare Network, 2013. Facilitation of community consultation and planning by the committee of management for a new Strategic Plan. Instead of a conventional scan of trends and possible futures, we began by stepping into the actual landscapes to ask: Where are things working better, and why? Where do things need to work better, and how? This drew in the knowledge of long-term landcare members, and gave them a sense of the progress they had made over ten years, and where they needed to focus in the next five years. A second round of consultation reviewed internal governance arrangements with the CoM, to refocus committee structures and develop a code of conduct.
Environmental Recovery Plans, Nillumbik Shire, 2010-11, with EnPlan Partners. Facilitation of community workshops to develop action plans for environmental recovery in three bushfire-affected valleys—Christmas Hills, Strathewen, and St Andrews.
Strategic Directions for Coast Action / Coastcare, DSE, Victoria, 2010. A workshop process with the team of Coastcare facilitators to identify trends affecting the program, critical roles and success factors, and specific action needed over a five year period. http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/coasts-and-marine/coasts/coastcare/coast-action-strategy-2004-2010
To network or not to network? Buloke and Northern Grampians Landcare Network, 2010. A workshop with chairs of local groups reviewed trends affecting agriculture in the area, recent achievements of Landcare in each of the districts, and next steps for Landcare in each district. The goals of local groups then became the basis for negotiating the role of the network in supporting local group activity. Similar workshops with Upper Campaspe Combined Landcare Groups, Echuca Landcare groups, Steering Committee Clunes Landcare Network.
Regional Catchment Strategy, Corangamite Catchment Management Authority, Victoria, 2002-03. Design and facilitation of consultation to develop a new strategy for the regional body responsible for natural resource management. Ran and documented 24 workshops at local and regional level, across all stakeholders. The workshops reviewed forces affecting the region over the next 20 years, developed goals, assessed threats to assets and capacity to respond to threats, critiqued current strategies and developed preferred strategies. Facilitation produced high quality outputs in a limited time and built trust between the CCMA and its major partners.
Other strategy projects
- Strategic Planning Corporate Executive, Department for Agriculture and Food, WA, 2007.
- Priorities for Policy Development, State NRM Office, 2007.
- Strategic Priorities, Indigenous Environmental Health Consultative Committee, WA, 2006
- Strategic Planning, Department of Treasury and Finance, WA, 2005
- Place Plan for Guildford Hazelmere Place, City of Swan, 2005
- Place Plan for Gidgegannup District, City of Swan, 2003-04
- Strategic Planning, Department for Mineral and Petroleum Resources, 1997-2001
- Development of Strategic Directions, Regional Development Council, 2001
- Design for Integration Management Team, Agriculture Division, Natural Resources and Environment, Victoria, 2001
- Scenarios for 2030, City of Perth, 2000- 01
- Northam Futures Group, Wheatbelt Development Commission, 1998–2000
- Strategic Priorities, Corporate Executive, Department of Transport, 1999
- Sustainability Plan, Land Use Planning Strategy, City of Nedlands, 1998–1999
- Industry Disease Protection Plans, Animal Industries, Agriculture WA, 1999-2001
- Avon Health Services Strategy, 2000
- Facilitation of Strategic Plans for Sustainable Rural Development, Dept Agriculture, 1996 – 2001